Ways to Donate to the LAO
Donations help to keep the Lymphedema Association of Ontario (LAO) going and help us to grow. With these generous donations we can improve access to quality lymphedema information, resources and services in Ontario.
There are many ways for you to support the LAO:
- Make a financial donation: The LAO is a registered charitable organization. All donations in support of the LAO help to improve lymphedema information and access to affordable treatment. Donations of $20 or more will receive a charitable receipt from the LAO.
- Make a donation online: You can make a donation at the bottom of this page or you can make donations via Canada Helps.
- Memorial Donations: a donation in memory of a loved one is a thoughtful way to show your sympathy and let others know you care. The LAO will send a personalized acknowledgement card to the family or person you designate.
- Personalized Gifts: provide a donation gift in honour of a friend, family member or colleague’s birthday, wedding, anniversary or special event. It is a wonderful way to say congratulations, thank you or best wishes to an important person in your life. The LAO will send a personalized acknowledgement card on your behalf.
- Direct your United Way donation: if you contribute to the United Way through your workplace, you can request that your donation goes to the LAO. Using the United Way Pledge Card, indicate you would like to designate your donation to the Lymphedema Association of Ontario. Be sure to include our charitable registration number 87165 5029 RR0001. Encourage your family and friends to do the same.
- Corporate giving: find out if your workplace has an employee matching program and explore this as a way to double your donation to the LAO. Some organizations that have matching gift programs are Bell Canada, Johnson and Johnson and Telus Communications.
- Donate your Optimum Points: you can donate your Shoppers Drug Mart optimum points to the LAO, to help the LAO purchase office supplies.
To discuss individual, organizational or corporate sponsorship opportunities with the LAO, please contact us.
The LAO has signed on to Imagine Canada’s Ethical Code Program and complies with its fundraising and financial accountability standards.